Bishop Power’s Circular Letter dated June 3rd, stated that,
“At this time, I am happy to announce that IN THOSE PARISHES THAT ARE READY, we will officially begin the public celebration of the Mass during the coming week. In order to open, each parish must comply with the following guidelines.
Before going into the guidelines, I want to once again state:
1.THE DISPENSATIONS FROM THE OBLIGATION TO ATTEND SUNDAY MASS, AS WELL AS THE OBLIGATION TO RECEIVE HOLY COMMUNION AT LEAST ONCE DURING THE EASTER SEASON REMAINS IN FORCE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
2. ANYONE WITH FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS OR A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4 OR MORE, PLEASE STAY HOME!
3. Any At-Risk person, those who are older and all who have underlying health issues such as respiratory health issues or a compromised immune system, are encouraged to remain at home and continue to celebrate Mass virtually as you have been, making a Spiritual Communion. I am asking those priests who have been livestreaming Mass these past weeks, please continue, if possible.
4. PLEASE – ANY ADULTS WHO ATTEND MASS, PLEASE WEAR A MASK.”
RETURN TO MASS GUIDELINES AND DIRECTIVES – BEST PRACTICES:
CAPACITY (applies to weekend masses and other celebrations)
- Attendance will be limited to 25% capacity of the church; every 3rd pew will be used; 6-foot social distance from anyone not of the same household.
- Our Lady of the Lake – Ashland; Please enter and exit only from the north mezzanine entry - the north covered entrance or the school entry door from the south parking lot; and enter the church from the baptismal font church entry. The south church (old main entrance from Hwy 2) at the back of the church will be only for emergency purposes. (outline churches - follow the instructions when you reach there).
- Our Lady of the Lake Ashland - 87 seats are available (at 25% of capacity). Please call the office to reserve a place at weekend Masses (715 682 7620). For walk-ins, attendance is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR MASS
- Please arrive at the church for Mass 15-20 minutes early. Ushers will assist you with seating, for communion routing and exit.
- Use the hand sanitizers as you enter the church and before receiving the Holy Communion (hand sanitizer stations are available at many locations in the church).
- Please bring and wear your face mask (some disposable face masks are available with ushers).
- Use your personal missalettes/liturgy aid or your smart phone devices to follow the mass parts and prayers.
- No socializing before or after the mass inside the church building for maintaining the social distance. You can go outside to the parking lot, pavilion or playground if you would like to stay longer - outside please.
- Make your presence comfortable to each other with 6-foot social distancing.
- All holy water fonts remain empty
- Masses will be conducted with significantly fewer lay ministers. There will be only one lector and no altar servers, cantor, accompanist, choirs/congregational singing at this time, lay sacristans, offertory procession, children’s liturgy, solemn procession before or after mass.
- There is to be no physical contact between households during the Our Father or Sign of Peace.
- Collection baskets/drop box at the entry point of the church or use online giving.
HOLY COMMUNION PROCEDURES
- Holy Communion will be distributed by clergy after the final blessing.
- Clergy will wear face mask during the Communion distribution.
- Communion received in the hand only.
- Before receiving Communion sanitize your hands. Face mask/facial coverings must be worn as you receive Communion in your hand. After clergy offers you Communion, step to the side, adjust your facial covering, consume the Eucharist.
- The precious blood will not be distributed to the congregation.
- Ushers will assist the communion routing.
- After receiving the Communion, please exit the church.
- No one is obligated to receive Holy Communion and the benefits of making a Spiritual Communion should be considered (prayer printed below). Individuals may come forward to receive a blessing, indicated by arms crossed over the chest.
- Printed weekly church bulletins are available at the exit
ASHLAND CLUSTER – BEST PRACTICES OPENING CHURCHES FOR MASSES
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.